Mahalo!

April 24, 2013

Hello!  Welcome to käärds, etc. & thank you for visiting.
Mahalo!


After some thought, I decided to move from the blog I recently started.
Eat, Create, Grow was a great idea which seemed to cover what I wanted my blog to be.
However, it just didn't seem to feel right to me.
Kind of like buying those really trendy pants and then never wearing them 
because they just didn't feel right...  feel like you...  Ever do that?

So, a quick little back story.  
I created a business called käärds many, many years ago.
My plan was to sell my cards and make wedding invites and such.
I did a little of that here and there.  But, the 9to5 is what paid the bills...
Today, I still own the business and thought it would be perfect to use that 
name for my blog.  Already taken...
Then, while out on our daily walk, I had my aha! moment... 
'kaards, etc.'
A place to share my cards and whatever else inspires me, that feels like me.
Like this card!  
Friends of ours brought my daughter a little gift back from their vacation to Hawaii.
So thoughtful!  I had to make a special thank you card in return.
I used the med scallop die from PTI to create the waves.  The little fish were cut out from a little die in the Paper Smooches sailboat die set.  Love those fish!  
Then popped the wave layer up with foam adhesive for some dimension.
I couldn't believe it turned out to be an all die card, no stamps...

 Well, thank you for visiting.  I hope you'll come back again soon.
I've got lots of ideas for this little blog space.  Some of which are already 
under construction...

xo,
janelle

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs