maile inspired

February 10, 2015

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2015/02/maile-belles-returns.html

It's anniversary time over at Papertrey Ink.  Yay!  Eight great years!!  And there is lots of celebrating going on.  The releases, the projects, the challenges, the prizes...  So much fun!

Day 2 is all about Maile Belles.  The challenge is to make a card inspired by one of Maile's.  And it certainly isn't hard to be inspired by her creations.  The hard part is picking just one!
It was fun looking through tons of Maile's cards... and, yes, I couldn't narrow down one card for my inspiration.  I decided to create with a 'style' that Maile made very popular.  The 'tilted' panels.  Adding that tilt is so simple, yet makes such a big impact.
This starburst background is one of my favorites.  Here it makes me think of a camera flash with the polaroid frame.  I die cut the '2' a few times and layered them up for a little added thickness.
This sentiment, from a Studio Calico set, fit nicely at the bottom of the frame.  Some extra stars were stamped underneath...  I really like this little addition.  Subtle and sweet ;)

The challenge over at Simon Says Stamp is "All things Bright and Beautiful", and I'm linking this up over there too.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll come back again soon.

xo, janelle

1 comment :

  1. Love the fresh colors and design, Janelle! The wood veneer pieces are perfect in this! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “All Things Bright and Beautiful” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs