Papertrey January Blog Hop Challenge

January 25, 2015

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2015/01/january-2015-blog-hop.html

 Hello!  I am so excited... because today is the 25th of the month.  Which means Blog Hop
over at Papertrey Ink.... And I have a card to share!  Yeah!!

Again, I found a pocket card among my collection from Studio Calico Project Life kits.  This card had these lovely hearts on it which I then fussy cut... Then I die cut that swirly 'hello'.  The scripty swirls make me swoon... This die is from Studio Calico.  It is NBUS that is going to get lots of use!


I stamped 'friend' from the Wet Paint set by PTI using Smoky Shadow ink.  This was on a strip of white cardstock adhered directly to the white card base.  I'm really diggin' the mix of the swirly font of the die with the crisp linear font of the stamp.  Then, foam adhesive was used to adhere the hearts. And a few white sequins were the finishing touch.


Not only was I thinking of a special friend, but I had a few other challenges in mind while I was creating it, too.  The cue card at CASology is 'friend'... The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge is 'Have a Heart'... And I love the sketches over at CAS(E) this sketch.  I usually take sketches very literal.  So, I really enjoyed stretching the creative limit on this one.  Too much fun! 

xo, janelle

http://casethissketch.blogspot.ca/2015/01/case-this-sketch-107.htmlhttp://casology.blogspot.com/2015/01/week-130-friend.htmlhttp://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-have-a-heart-2/

14 comments :

  1. Love all the softly-colored hearts! Thanks for playig along in our "Have a Heart" challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are lovely and gentle, and your cutting is fantastic. Sweet inspiration for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty composition. Love the sentiment treatment. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a pro at 'fussy cutting'! Love the re-purposed hearts! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. I love it! After making my shaker card, I have tons of sequins left and I think I am so inspired to use my sequins like what you have done. Good luck in your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally sweet and adorable card. Amazing talent! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your use of those hearts & I'm wishing I had that hello die! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful!!!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs